Sunday, February 8, 2009

Turkey Shoot

I was being led to my table at Olive Garden on Friday night and I saw Uncle Jay and Anna having dinner. It shows their health is good enough to get out for a night on the town. Uncle Jay invited me to come down for a Turkey shoot at the Idaho Power trap club. So I went down Saturday and tried to shake off some shooter's rust. I got out fairly quickly on two Annie Oakley shoots, was mediocre on the 16 yard trap shoot, got second in the blewbird shoot (that one you have a buddy that tries to shoot a piece of the bird you shoot for an extra point), and got one out of five on the slider shoot. Fortunately I had the foresight to buy a guarantee card so I came home with some pork chops for my efforts.

Uncle Jay talked about paying mom to clean his birds for him when he came home from hunting ducks and geese. He said he and his buddies had a pretty good thing going and were paying mom 75 cents a bird. Then he claims grandpa Bunce messed it all up for him when he told the people at the railroad. Jay says he came home from a successful hunt with one of his buddies and were planning on getting back just in time to drop off their birds for mom then go out with their dates that night. He said when they opened the garage when they got home it looked like a poultry farm with all the birds the railroad guys dropped off for mom to clean. He also said the price went up to a dollar and a quarter a bird so they ended up cleaning the birds themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment