



Sara and I recently left behind the traffic and cares of the office for the beauty and tranquility of parts less peopled. We met Sara's parents and one of her sisters at the Wild Rose Ranch on the banks of Henry's Lake. This is traditionally a large family affair that occurs every second weekend in June. I was thrilled to be there and smiled on my fortune of having married into a family with such enlightened recreational interests. The rest of the family seemed to enjoy themselves, however there was an underlying disappointment shared by the Turners on the attrition that has occurred over the years. The tradition began with the glory days of numerous family involved such as grandparents, great uncles and aunts, cousins, and siblings providing joyful chaos. This year the tradition hung by a thin fraying thread as our small group of five quietly trolled our Panther Martins behind the aging "Blue Whale." I did my best to express my appreciation for the experience and pledged support from Sara and I for next year hoping to blow a little air onto the coals. We also got to spend a couple of days in Yellowstone and Teton parks while on our trip. I enjoyed every minute of our getaway and felt so refreshed by the beauty of this part of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment